Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some new faces show at Ristuccia, Begin checks in

Hello Bruins fans, it's another day of ice time for the black and gold in Wilmington.

The players who participated in the skate were, Tim Thomas, Tuukka Rask, Kevin Regan, Matt Dalton, Adam Courchaine, Marco Sturm, Brad Marchand, Matt Marquardt, Andrew Bodnarchuk, and Jeff LoVecchio, Milan Lucic, Steve Begin, Andrew Ference, Dennis Wideman, Byron Bitz, and Johnny Boychuk.

The news of the day was that there were a few new faces on the ice. Key faces like Ference, Wideman and Bitz.

Also, the projected fourth line center for the Bruins, Steve Begin was on the ice at Ristuccia for the first time. For those of you who don't know much about Begin, I will let him explain the type of player he is.

"I'm not a big talker on the ice. I'm pretty quiet," Begin said. "I talk with my shoulders. I'm in-your-face. I just go skate, hit, block shots."

David Krejci, who skated on Monday opted for an on-ice workout. He has said that he is not at the point where he can skate every day. This is a clear indication that Krejci will not be ready to go come opening night on October 1. At least, that is what this blogger would speculate.

No comments: